Subject: [Leica] DR 50 'cron on M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 29 11:51:54 2007

On 3/29/07 3:13 PM, "Philippe Amard" <phamard@numericable.fr> typed:

> Mark,
>
> this pointer is pointless - we neither see the horse nor its mouth and
> this is only chitchat without any grounded evidence - anyone could write
> this kind of review I'm afraid.
>
> Mind you, NO polemics inside - just a feeling that hands on experience
> and bench tests are better than gossip and verbose buck/quality ratios
> drawn from whose nose was it?
>
> Straightforwardly but friendly yours
> Phil...x
>

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> Here's Ken Rockwells take on
>> Nikon 12 - 24 mm f/4, Tokina 12 - 24 mm f/4, Sigma 10 - 20 mm f/4 - 5.6
>> and
>> Tamron 11 - 18 mm f/4.5 - 5.6.
>>

>> http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digital-wide-zooms/comparison.htm

I'm as sensitive to "chitchat without any grounded evidence" on the internet
as you or the next guy more so I think but this guy is not rating these
lenes based on conversations he's Googled off of chat groups in five
minutes. As so many do. (But it doesn't matter as they sell them a month
later on eBay)
He's tried them out.
I've read him for years I'd trust his word as fast as I do Erwin's.
He doesn't BS.

Also time and time again what he's said has agreed to a tee with my own
hands on personal experience with the gear itself. 3d smellorama real
world.. He's a pretty sensible guy. Although I hate guys that smart.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com