Subject: [Leica] DR 50 'cron on M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Mar 29 15:06:36 2007

At 6:21 PM -0400 3/29/07, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>On 3/29/07 5:55 PM, "Henning Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> typed:
>
>>  At 2:33 PM -0400 3/29/07, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>>  On 3/29/07 9:56 AM, "Clive Moss" <clive.moss@gmail.com> typed:

>>>  I've often wondered what it would be like to have a real 12-24.
>>>  Because as you say in use its really a measly 18-35. Though I'd never
>>> shot
>>>  wider than 21 in my life.
>>>  And Sigma came out with one..
>>>

>>>  Now sigma came out last month with another one wider like the Canon a
>>> 10 -
>>>  20 mm F4.0 - F5.6 EX DC HSM,
>>>  a 15 - 30 mm equiv. on a 1.5 FOV crop camera
>>>

>>>  Me I'm going to get a 12 or 15 CV for both my LTM and M systems.
>>>
>>>  And maybe a 10.5 for my Nikon. Go out with that and my 300 ai I've been
>>>  getting my best pictures with ever and it cost me 150 bucks last summer.
>>>

>>  I posted this shot a while ago; it's with the 12-24 Sigma at 12 on a
>>  Canon 5D, so it uses all the angle of view, except that a bit was
>>  cropped off the long dimension:
>>
>>  http://archiphoto.com/Various/China/source/img_3145.htm
>>
>>  and another, but this one is more obviously with a very wide lens:
>>
>>  http://archiphoto.com/Various/China/source/img_3550.htm
>
>With how much straightening.?

Actually, none in both cases. If I use a lens that has noticeable
distortion, I might run it through the Panotools filter, but the
Sigma is really excellent in that regard, and in these two shots you
wouldn't notice any. In the second one the horizon is right in the
middle, so keystoning doesn't happen. And straightening those
buttresses would have been too much work. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design