Subject: [Leica] R4...can you turn this thing off?
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Thu Mar 29 16:57:39 2007

Gene - when I owned an R5, there were several occasions when I took it out
of the bag with the battery flat dead...just a paperweight, as you say.  If
it had a switch to turn the meter off, like the M6 (set to B) or the R6
("off"), that couldn't happen.

Assuming I remembered to turn it off, of course... <|%^)

John

From: grduprey@mchsi.com