Subject: [Leica] was Photofreek? - now choosing thumbnails / editing your own work
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri Mar 30 03:51:47 2007

Thanks Daniel.  One of my overwhelming characteristics as a photographer is
an appalling lack of ability to edit my own work.

I've known Rachel a long time.  We're good friends.  She always just looks
simply great to me.  Makes picking a photo impossible.
These were part of an experiment to see if there were any practical
differences between the Nikkor 85/1.4AiS and the Leica 80/1.4.
There isn't.  The Nikon is ~5mm longer in focal length, completely
counteracting the 5cm closer that the Leica focuses.  Neither
focus nearly close enough.

Marty

Marty Deveney wrote:

> Some of my photos are here:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617 - isn't Rachel
> gorgeous?

Absolutely! But that was a rhetorical question. You must have seen that
yourself :-)

I would probably have chosen this one as the album thumbnail:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Rachel/File0843.jpg.html

Very lovely.

Daniel