Subject: [Leica] CV lens recommendations
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Mar 30 04:12:42 2007

Justin Viiret wrote:

>> From what I am hearing the Nokton needs stopped down to 2.8 and that
>> most CV glass is subject to flaring.. Super wide angles are not my cup
>> of tea. I generally use a 35.
>
> Is this true? I've only really used the 40/1.4, but I've never, ever got
> it to flare. Not even once, and I used to use it without the hood all
> the time (couldn't get one until about 9 months after I bought the lens)
> . Perhaps this is only limited some of the CV glass?

I'm with Justin on this. I have a 21/4 that I have rarely managed to get
to flare (by shooting straigth into the sun).

CV glass doesn't flare as much as Leica lenses from the 50's and before.
Sounds like a rumour if you ask me.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] CV lens recommendations)
Message from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] CV lens recommendations)