Subject: [Leica] IMG: Second hand shopping day
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Mar 30 10:56:27 2007

Hello all,
finally got around to mooching around the S/H stores in Hannover after a
long stretch of inhabiting my office almost 365/24/7.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5523_edited-1.jpg.html

After years of sorely missing my destroyed through stupidity and a
concrete pavement Rollei SL2000F, I found this little beauty (A
Rolleiflex 3003 "Edition de Luxe" No. 114 of 500). Original boxed with
all the certificates, a 50/1.8, remote release, quick-charger,  and,
very suspicious, a letter from Rollei with explanations of how to get it
running again if it seizes up (no surprise, the SL2000F had the same
bug). Once I had the battery pack charged it clicked (well more of a
light Chonk-BzzzzzT ) away happily , just as it should. So there's going
to be a little film renaissance in the coming weeks.

Also found a nice condition Novoflex bellows with a slide copier and a
couple of Rollei lenses too. The Yashica is just stuck on the end of the
bellows, I've had it for years.
It was either this pile or a Canon 5D - but I just couldn't resist after
I had this lovely piece of machinery sitting in the palm of my hand.
And all of this for  a price that even SWMBO accepts :-) (a little over
1000 but well below 1500 Euros ).
Saw some amazingly reasonable Leica Rs too starting at around 240 Euros
for an R4, an R7 for 390 and an R9 for just under 1000). Zenza Bronicas
are up for give away prices as are Mamiya 645 bodies. A Leica bellows
with a 4/100 macro head for only 200 too. I hope I'll be able to resist
making another trip soon

So cheers from a very happy shopper.
Douglas

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: Second hand shopping day)