Subject: [Leica] Progress: spring is here, taking more shots with Leica glass, and no big purchases
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Mar 31 05:55:01 2007

Just a rambling note on my progress.

Spring is finally here, and I've been taking more shots with Leica glass, on
an RD1.  Down side is that my film cameras have been "on shelf".  Up side is
that my film stocks haven't been going down, and I recently bought a bunch
of film from a wedding photog who is cutting over to full-digital.

And I haven't made any big purchases, only a couple flash cards for the RD1,
and a Series 5.5 UV filter for the 40mm Summicron that occasionally finds a
home on the RD1.

I don't look at ebay regularly any more.  Only on occasion, for instance
when someone directs me to look at a black Nikon SP kit with motor, 2.1cm
f4, 85mm f1.5 and 35mm mini-finder.  That is over $25K of collector
insanity.  And another friend pointed me to a black Alpa 9f - ridiculously
rare but had a reasonable Buy it Now price.  I didn't buy it.  Wasn't even
tempted.  Honest.

....Vick