Subject: [Leica] Chinese step up / down rings ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 1 13:51:52 2007

On 4/1/07 4:31 PM, "Eric Korenman" <faneuil@gmail.com> typed:

> I know the subject sounds like a circus act from the 1940s, but I am
> looking for a step up ring for a noctilux to take 67mm filters.
>
> I found a slew of these adapters, made in China and sold on ebay.
> They are $1.25 a pop! Made of Aloo-min-ee-um (as you Brits say).
>
> how can I resist at that price?
> Any experiences with these cheap-y products?
> In the 'year of minimal new gear' I am trying to get around the B+W
> $40 adapters.
> I just want to avoid learning the hard way by stripping the front end
> of my soon-to-arrive gifted Noctilux.
>
> broke as of 4/16/07,
> Eric

Id never buy a $1.25 piece of pig aluminum which cost these crooks only a
nickel to make you know that!

Duck tape that puppy on to that lens!

Duck tape is reusable making it in effect free!
No risk of stripping the threads. You'd loose resale value that way.
If it gets a little gummy then soak the entire lens in lighter fluid over
night in a beer mug. That makes it fast and frisky!

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com