Subject: [Leica] Focus shift on 50/1.4 Nikkor on M8
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Apr 1 14:20:47 2007

Very interesting. In fact, I bought the 50/1.5 Sonnar hoping that it would
be a copy of the 50-year-old design, and it looks like my prayers were
answered. I had trouble focusing this shot wide open.
http://www.400tx.com/files/PAW2007/2007-2.html
I had to tweak it with the unsharp mask to make it acceptably sharp.

The question now is, do I want to put an ethereally soft lens on an M8? If
the lens is going to be atmospheric and soft, film might be the way to go.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/