Subject: [Leica] Focus shift on 50/1.4 Nikkor on M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 1 22:23:55 2007

On 4/2/07 12:47 AM, "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> Hi Didier,
> It is probable that there is not only the focus shift with aperture
> at work here but also sample variation. A friend of mine who was a
> renowned Sports pro, now retired, was allowed to hand choose his
> lenses by the importer. He would shoot with 25 or so and select the
> best for himself. The others were distributed to dealers(!). The
> differences between the best and worst of a batch of nominally
> identical lenses was considerable. I will leave the manufacturer out
> of it (it was not Leica)
> Frank

Yes Moose does this with Nikons.

But a big point here is that these are Leicas manufactured and marketed at a
price point which would negate this. We hope. At least that's what I bought
into big time. My vibe is that I've done ok on it. Leica bellies are doing
well on the bull market.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY