Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Apr 2 17:09:18 2007

Victor,
The web is a great place to magnify gnats into elephants.  The M8 is a
fabulous M.  Does it have quirks, does a IIIf have quirks?  We are talking
Leica here.  My sample has been flawless, I may never put a roll of film
through a camera again.  Be not afraid, it is a wonderful image cutting
device.  I don't have a coded lens and have no intention of coding any of my
lenses.  I have used lenses going back to 1935, I have used ultra-wides to
135's with only two issues; a 135 Nikkor back focuses and my 75 Summilux
focuses five or six inches to the rear.  It is a rangefinder so if the cam
or the cam follower is off there is an issue.

If you like rangefinder shooting and don't have any strong preference for
film then run to your dealer and buy one.  Your ROI will be a year or two.