Subject: [Leica] OT: Tivoli Model One Hi-Fi radio
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Mon Apr 2 17:14:52 2007

Peter,

  Try FM tuners at Yahoo groups.  Search their archives and links.  happy
hunting

Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net> wrote:

LUGgers: My faithful kitchen clock radio has given up the ghost after many
years. I want to replace it with something that has good sound and good FM
reception. I mostly listen to classical music, NPR news and jazz. It
doesn't have to replace my living room stereo, but I want good sound, as
we spend a lot of time in the kitchen/dining area.

After reading reviews, it looks like the Tivoli Model One has about the
best cost/performance ratio, and many people speak highly of it. Any of
you folks have experience with it?
http://www.tivoliaudio.com/product.php?productid=139&cat=262&page=1

The Bose Waveguide radio appears overpriced, and many people say the
Tivoli actually sounds better.

Now for a wrinkle. Right now, Radio Shack has a radio that looks
suspiciously like the Tivoli with the controls slightly rearranged.
It'son sale for $50--a far cry from the Tivoli's $120 price. I'm
wondering if it is the same radio made by the same Chinese factory, or if
the similarity is only skin-deep.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2560351&cp=2032057.2032185&parentPage=family

--Peter