Subject: [Leica] Panhandle--Waiting for a good Samaritan who never came
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 3 20:38:12 2007

Bill Clough showed another very interesting photograph:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/Panhandle/Wayside+House-0769+June+
1969.jpg.html<<<<<

Hi Bill,

Another wonderful photograph. We all know good photography takes a number of
things to make it look good, great, wonderful, whatever! Light, "shoot from
the shadow side" framing, angle, composition and several other things.

We see these elements used in your photographs consistently.

As in the case of this one excellent use of "shooting from the shadow side"
as the crew have heard me say a zillion times. Many think I only mean when
photographing people, but that's not the case at all. It's every conceivable
location where light can be used to enhance a scene, person or whatever.

Here the framing, composition and great use of the light due to shooting
from the shadow side. These elements are so simple it's truly amazing how
some folks miss them when we can see in their photograph, that if the
shooter had taken three steps to the right or left the picture would've
enhanced a 100 fold immediately.

Several of you lads have a very distinct eye for the use of light and it's
always obvious in your results. I should say it's your use of light and
shadows that make them work. A wonderful ability.

ted