Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 3 23:12:40 2007

Before the 8 came out we were all sitting around talking about the
rangefinder shooting we were doing as if it were in the present tense.
Little of it was. It was like the old LUG. Discussions about Leica shooting
from memory and theory. No day to day. No present tense. And no results.

Now quite a few of us are back to shooting Leica rangefinder daily again and
that's the 8, that's digital. The response has been positive why we all had
to weigh in just now I don't know a look at the archives would have done
that. But maybe its good that happened. As it happened.

Me I'm a willin and a wantin. But I'm a waiten.

I'm not going to buy a 5 grand camera fresh out of the gate which needs
sophisticated high end filters on all the lenses which would cost me a
fortune when next week the news on the dp preview will be guess what's new
from Zolms; THE PINK IS GONE. Ding dong the pink is gone.
Which old pink? The Pinky old pink.

Anybody want a thousand dollars worth of free cutoff filters or they get
used as coasters and casters?  I'm going to let it slide.
Think a about Zeiss for Nikon. And print.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com