Subject: [Leica] What Photo Magazines Should I Send a Press Kit to?
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 4 11:25:46 2007

Kyle, since your book is being printed by Krause Books, a  responsible
publisher, and from what I see is about guns in the home -- a very  saleable
subject
among gun enthusiasts-- Krause already would have several  mailing lists to
which they would promote your book...

The gun list would come, if  available at any price, from the National
Riflemen's  Association,  plus all the gun magazines and hunting  magazines
you can
find on the Internet...

The other list would include  every daily and weekly newspaper in the United
States, which might be available  from Editor & Publisher, the trade
magazine
for  newspapers...

All of these lists have already  been compiled and to build these lists is a
major undertaking for you but they  generally are for sale...The owners of
these lists normally do not make the  lists available to you; they do the
mailings themselves to control the names and  addresses...

You would send free copies of  the book  only to the major [big circulation]
publications; the others  would get just a press release...

regards, bob  cole