Subject: [Leica] IR Cut Contrast
From: etruscello at yahoo.com (Tom Pastorello)
Date: Wed Apr 4 15:03:10 2007

Mark, I stated I was sharing my experience that my
image results were more consistent with Schneider's
research than Puts' research.  I did not say I did
scientific research.  It is not the case either that I
took hand held snap shots and blew them up.  I stated
the variety of conditions under which I took pictures.
 I did not add, and should have, that all were taken
on tripod.  I compared filtered and non-filtered shots
at all reasonable levels of magnification. The
filtered images, on PC and print, consistently
appeared to have higher overall contrast and sharpness
of fine detail at high magnification.  The results of
the comparisons were consistent. It unlikely that I
may have shaken the tripod for all non-filtered shots
only.  I evaluate an image on the basis of what I see.
 If an instrument were to indicate that the
non-filtered shots were technically more contrasty, I
would still choose the image that appeared more
contrasty (if that's my desired effect.)  I simply
wanted to share my experience and ask for others'
experiences with IR Cut filters.  Tom

Need Mail bonding?

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IR Cut Contrast)