Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Apr 4 16:54:30 2007

Photo Phreak offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] A good while ago

>>>>Ted,

      This has been happening to all the skilled trades and independent
proffesionals for the last thirty years.  We are viewed as a commodity and
those who really are running the show are jealous and spiteful of every
penny they have to pay us.

      What else can one expect in a culture that values mediocrity and
glitter above quality ?<<<<<<<<

Yer right,
All one has to do is look at, well I don't mean really look at, ;-) the rag
mags at the local super market to see what the big concerns are these
days... the Whores of Hollywood, Britney Spears and whatever turns this so
called celebrity society on these days.

And the so called photography? Garbage!! Or so poor it should've been filed
in bucket 13 before it made the light of day. The obvious clowns using
celephone digitals or whatever that can make an image for the brain dead art
director for free or a few pennies are destroying the quality of
photography!

Quality of journalism? Just watch FOX crap news TV and that's enough to make
you puke your living guts out! Or never tell anyone you are member of the
press.

No question the status of North American media productions, note not all! Is
nothing but a bloody circus of talking heads and the lowest level of
photography it can get by with for free or very close to that.

And don't get me started on the Mega-Photo agencies that've evolved by
buying out every other agency they can. Giving them maximum control of the
photography of the world. And all over greed!

Lot's of money for them when selling! But paying next to a few dollars or
less to purchase the pictures from the "so called photographers of the day"
The digi-busters!

It isn't going to get better, actually I wouldn't be surprised the whole
"photographic community is on a course of quality disaster." And yet we've
read stories about the last years of the century and the beginning of this
one will be the most photographed. Well that may be ............ but nothing
was said about... "quality of images!"  :-(

We shall see.
ted