Subject: [Leica] PESO. Latest submission
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Thu Apr 5 03:48:46 2007

Kenneth,

I enjoyed viewing your shots.

Being new to the group, I have just read in the past week about your search
for a new church.  I do wish you best in this endeavor.

I am a United Methodist minister, also in the reappointment process.  I've
been at FUMC Panhandle for 5 years, which is 2 years longer than the average
for these small rural churches.  I'm hoping to get back to the East coast
with my next move - requesting something in the Baltimore area so I can do a
doctorate at Wesley Theological.  All this is contingent upon my bishop's
approval  He and the cabinet are meeting now and for the next three weeks.
At some point they will let me know if they've found a "slot" for me back
east, or if I'll be pastoring another West Texas / New Mexico congregation.
I don't know how your church's process works, but I know this system can be
nerve-wracking.  I just keep telling myself that ultimately a force larger
than ourselves is guiding us and like Phillip's hippy friend said - we'll
always have what we need when we need it.

Is yours an appointment, or does your congregation hire / select you?
Personally, I don't know which would be better/ worse.  Good luck and keep
us updated on your progress.  I for one, will be waiting to hear that you
have been connected with the right congregation in a setting that blesses
both you & your family and the people to which you minister.

Jeff M