Subject: [Leica] Question about my poor broken lens.
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 5 08:03:31 2007

Hoppy, stop reading NOW.

My usual remedy for out-of-round stuff usually involves a scewdriver or two
(the tool) a mallet and a few blocks of wood.  The lens head of my 400mm
f/6.8 rolled out of my van onto the pavement, bending the threads where the
mount tube attaches.  I'll spare you the gory details but it's sufficient
to say that the lens head and mount tube now fit together just as well as
they did originally.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com