Subject: [Leica] A Quick Test
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Apr 5 10:56:17 2007

The purpose of this test is to determine if the focus of a Noctilux
on a M8 is the same as on another M body that you have confidence in.
You do not have to take a photograph with either body, just if you
have to move the lens focus ring when switching bodies while focused
at the same point.

All I did was focus my M6, M6TTL, MP and M8 on an object easily
focused on. I used the center post of my sliding glass door to the
backyard. I noted exactly where the focus ring on the Noctilux was
sitting when focused with each body. I chose 10 feet and 15 feet
distances. I also chose other focus distances to objects in my back
yard. Try the test. You may be surprised. If you find a point where
the M8 and the film body correspond exactly, take a picture at f1
with the M8 and see if it's in focus. Of course you can try this with
other lenses as well.

My oldest and most used M3 is way off from the other bodies and will
be sent in for RF adjustment.

Len