Subject: [Leica] Question about my poor broken lens.
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Thu Apr 5 11:53:40 2007

Hoppy,

      If you want to know about ill, you should have been with us that one
dark time in Viet Nam when the bullets started whislting and Mark Birnbaum
took a dive into the nearest ditch.  Alas with a new Nikon F and a 50 - 300
zoom around his neck.....

  We certainly did not look pretty afterwards, and neither did the
equipment.  As soon as we could I helped him immerse it into a bucket of
distilled water back at the radio site.  And then it was all wrapped in
plastic and sent off for repair.  I no longer remember if he got it fixed or
had to replace all.

G Hopkinson <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
  Philip, you have just made me quite ill. Never post any message again that
includes the words Summicron, vise, vicegrips and a file.
Yes, I do understand your circumstance ;-)

Cheers
Hoppy