Subject: [Leica] what does IMG stand for? (now: OT, no IMG, no PESO, NO ARCHIVE)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Apr 6 01:40:25 2007

On 4/5/07 10:17 PM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> Dom are you just catching up on mail from January??? I don't want to see
> your
> in box. Or are you so organised that you are reading
> old threads for fun!
> It took me a minute to remember, but I think that I was adding a small pun
> that numbers gag thread by suggesting that the numbers
> be adjusted by the time zone difference.
>  I'm about 17/18 hours ahead of our North American correspondents.
>  I think that Tina may have coined "PESO" or at least that was who I asked
> the
> first time I ran into it. I tried PABMO a couple of
> times for picture a bit more often but I don't think it made it into the
> LUG
> dictionary.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

You forgot a few classics:

1 Tilley hats or other hats for geeks?
2 UV filters are for geeks?
3 Photo Vests are for geeks? Or sniper psychos?
4 Pictures of my kids for geeks?
5 exposure meters are for geeks? (real photographers just guess)
6 Olympus Lenes are better than Leica Lenes.
7 I bring my EOS with me to make sure I get the shot.
8 Leicas new Asph and or APO lenses make harsh and brittle looking images.
Stick with the old ones.
9 CV lenses costing a few hundred bucks are in all ways much better than
Leica Lenes costing thousands. The problem is the value of the Mark.
10 I forgot.

Oh!!! the R system is totally for the birds. Or geeks. Nobody uses them. And
the Lenes are crummy.
Will there ever be an M7? Yes when the time is right which is not now.
Should Leica make cheep lenses for other camera companies everyone knows
Leica is mainly just a lens company nobody like the cameras.
Can I sell this thing today its Wednesday and its only a few days till
Friday and I'll be busy then?
Can we talk about this last crazy guy on eBay anybody can tell he's a fake
by the way his URL does not match up with his PESO. He's making you think
he's in China but really he's on Staton Island. You can tell by his...

And finally.

Leica is going out of business next week for sure they are gone, history,
they deserve it they've been the most poorly run company in the world for
decades.

Oh and straps.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s