Subject: [Leica] Panhandle: A final view of the old home near Wayside
From: jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox)
Date: Fri Apr 6 05:05:47 2007

Bill Clough wrote:
> USA
> TEXAS
> CORPUS CHRISTI
>
> Hi there--
>
>    Here is the latest Texas Panhandle submission:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/Panhandle/Wayside+House1-0767+June+1969.jpg.html
>
>    Panhandle Index:
>    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/Panhandle/
>
>    Complete Index:
>    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/
>
> --Bill

Bill,

Another fine shot. Your photos have reminded me that the windmill is as
much a part of Texas as the land itself. Anywhere you find human
habitation you will see the windmill. Often times it is the most visible
being the first thing seen from a distance. It stands out like a lone
tree in a stark landscape. It can often be found isolated and lonely,
its sole purpose being a life giving source of water for roaming herds
of cattle. Your photos remind me of this and much more.

thanks for showing
Jack