Subject: [Leica] Quizno's coyote
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri Apr 6 10:52:34 2007

Jeffery Smith wrote:
> They are so reclusive, I have rarely seen one in the wild. In fact, I
> recall
> only seeing one in the wild.
> =========================

You need to come to Natchitohes more often.  They are common in the
Kisatchie Hills  south of town.  On two occasions  Kathy has encountered
them commuting  on the Interstate.

First time she narrowly avoided hitting one, and the second time she
connected to the tune of  $800.  Good thing it  didn't scoop up onto the
windshield.

I came out with some metal shears to cut away fender so we could drive the
car.  We looked for not-so-Wiley and couldn't find it.  He did leave a tuft
of fur caught between the tire and rim.

I've also seen them on the roadside (alive)  in the hills just North of
here.

--
Regards,

Sonny