Subject: [Leica] Wildlife in a Chicago Quiznos last week.
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Sat Apr 7 10:06:35 2007

Coyotes were not indigenous to the Eastern United States.  How they got east
of the Mississippi river is open to speculation and debate.  But they are
here now and they are not particularly welcome.

Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@comcast.net> wrote:  I'm always a little bemused at
the outcry against predators (and their
hybrid offspring) from the very folks who encroached on their turf, and
have been since the 1500's.

Perhaps they'll all be happy when our country is just one endless
Shopping Mall, punctuated with high rise condo/office/hotel/retail
clusters with storm water holding ponds teeming with three-eyed fish
and not a single wild species left to eradicate.

Nothing left to shoot at except targets or each other.

Out here, I live in a relatively dense suburban area just southeast of
Seattle. Fences, cul-de-sacs, SUVs abound, yet just last week my wife
and I shared a "stare-down" from a juvenile coyote in mid-morning
daylight. This time of year the local pack (3 or 4 that I know of) set
up quite a chorus in one of the last remaining "green spaces", a
ten-acre forest they use to jump from neighborhood to neighborhood en
route to other small parcels of woodland.

They don't know or care about Anna Nicole, Alberto Gonzales or
Downloading Ring Tones. They just live in the moment from birth to
death.

I guess that's Un-American, huh?

Bob in Seattle

On Apr 6, 2007, at 10:22, telyt@earthlink.net wrote:

Photo Phreak wrote:

> Any hunter who makes it known that he wants to hunt coyote as varmints
> in
northwestern
> Illinois will have the red carpet rolled out to him during deer season
even on farms
> posted No Hunting !

The local coyotes have gotten a few of our chickens but once we
restricted
the chickens to the barn and riding arenas we've had no problems and I
LOVE
their moonlight sonatas.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE