Subject: [Leica] USAF Lens Resolution Chart
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Apr 8 04:18:38 2007

The problem is that either a test chart or newspaper on a wall
exaggerate the importance of lens flatness of field to a far greater
extent than it should for a general purpose lens. For a macro lens
this may be vital, and speed for one thing, is sacrificed for
flatness of field. I take 3D objects so part of my image will be OOF
when using wide apertures. As long as the centre is correct to the
rangefinder it is not reasonable to ask for more in a lens for a this
type of camera IMHO.
Frank