Subject: [Leica] online auction cautionary tale
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Apr 8 11:53:36 2007

I noticed a fellow selling his beloved Noctilux on fleabay last week. He had
zero feedback, and was selling the same Noctilux (with a starting bid of
$3,500) in two different auctions. He also insisted on cashier's check or
money order only...no PayPal.

I reported it, and both auctions disappeared altogether in a few minutes. I
had flagged them on my "Items I'm Watching" list. They disappeared from that
list as well. Dishonesty seems to be getting more and more common on
fleabay. I've gotten to the point that I only buy from well-established
vendors.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com