Subject: [Leica] Re:News of BD
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Apr 8 15:08:02 2007

> For $5,000 I won't be a Leica beta tester.  Maybe they'll get it
> right the next time (if there is a next time).  Otherwise film is
> readily available and there's the EOS 5D.
I've done some extensive tests comparing Leica M8 with 21 and 28mm
lenses and Canon 5D and the excellent zoom 24-105mm IS L -that by the
way has some problems of vignetting and distortion but it's not second
to none in resolution-. Well, full open the Leica is better in borders
and corners but not in the center. Closing to f8 both are almost on pair
but, again, the M8 wins in borders and corners. Color rendition is
different with AWB the Leica being slightly warmer but, anyway, colors
have to be seriously worked in both cameras to achieve true rendition.up
to now I have got very few magenta issues or important color shifts.

Felix

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Re:News of BD)