Subject: [Leica] News
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Apr 9 05:17:42 2007

Ah Robert. You flunked the test. And I lied. All the outdoor photos
were taken with the Tri-Elmar which had an IR cut filter installed.
The clothing color is exactly as you see it. It just proves that
people will see what they want to see or what they believe they are
seeing. All the indoor photos were taken as I described though.

Twenty years ago the same experiment was performed but was of a more
serious nature. We had set up a demo for a VP of Engineering of a
company buying one of our video products. The supposed problem was
artifacts in the video caused by encryption. During the demo the VP
was vehement that he could see the artifacts when we switched in the
encryption. What he and what the rest of us didn't know is that the
guy doing the switching was reversing the picture sequence. The VP
thought he saw the artifacts when the video was clear and loved the
picture during the encryption cycle. As it turned out the VP was
really PO'ed, we got the contract and the engineer running the test
was almost fired.

Have a good day.
Len