Subject: [Leica] OT: Josh Bell, subway busker
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Apr 9 15:25:13 2007

Tina wrote:
Wonderful article.  Thanks, Phil.  I like the point they made about
"art" being invisible without its context.
===============================

I liked that too.  A year or so ago there was a long article in The New
Yorker about the history and art of museum framing and it's effect on
viewing.  Really interesting, IMO.  It's also part of the point Marcel
Duchamp was making with his "ready-mades."  As I mentioned a while back,
I've been making a little book with Blurb and the SmartBook software.  I'm
starting to get a much better feel for context and sequence as a result.
Some pictures that I didn't really care for look really good in the context
of a book, and vice versa.  Not that this is anything new, but a new
experience for me.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE