Subject: [Leica] 21 % 24 Lenses
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Apr 10 23:51:53 2007

Stan, I need to start with the disclaimer that I don't have an M8!
Leica calls the crop factor an extension factor. Anyhoo it is 1.33
So add a third to the 35mm equivalents. This is a little different to your
diagonal calculation. That is giving you a theoretical
"normal" view but by that same theory "normal" on a 35mm is about 43mm focal
length. So using the extension factor:
21 on the M8 would approximate the field of view of the 28 (27.9)on an M7
28 on the M8 would approximate the field of view of the 35(37.24)on an M7
35 on the M8 would approximate the field of view of the 50 (46.7)on an M7
And your favourite 50 becomes a yummy shortish portrait 67.
Of course as we all know the framelines themselves are only approximate.

Cheers
Hoppy