Subject: [Leica] Model releases question
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Wed Apr 11 03:25:38 2007

Ken,

I'm not an attorney, but my understanding is that it depends on the
purpose of the publication of the pictures. For editorial (i.e.
documentary) work or fine art, you don't need them. For stock, i.e.
if you are selling the rights to the pictures to anyone who might use
them for advertising purposes, then you do. Of course no stock agency
will touch your work unless you have the releases.

Here's an excellent resource for legal matters regarding photography:

http://www.krages.com/bpkphoto.htm

Hope this helps,

Gilbert
http://www.upstatelight.com