Subject: [Leica] smell the flowers
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Apr 11 07:53:52 2007

Hoppy,

While you're right that the colors steal attention from the eyes, the
eyes still make the photograph. I've seen many images where the entire
emphasis in on the surroundings -- costume, attire, etc. -- while eyes
are neglected. Either the eyes are out of focus, or they're poorly lit.
If you're going to have a person in a picture -- unless they're distant
-- you'd better pay attention to eyes. And too often we don't (and I'm
pointing a finger at myself). Eyes may not be everything, but if you
mess up eyes other things won't matter. There may be exceptions, but
that's a general rule that sometimes gets overlooked. Eyes are powerful
in a photo.

Again, I'm stating the obvious as a reminder to myself. It can be a
challenge with a Noctilux.

DaveR