Subject: [Leica] New photo
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Apr 12 17:07:35 2007

There is definitely something wonky with Gene Duprey's gallery. I am using a
very fast computer, I am on the same LAN as the server, and the server logs
show that it is relatively idle. I can copy files to and from the server in
a twinkling. There is no network problem and the server is not overloaded.

But when I try to look at Gene's excellent photos, I find that sometimes
they take a very long time to load and sometimes they only take a moderately
long time to load. In random tests of a few other galleries, I don't see
this slowness.

There's this glorious new server hardware sitting unopened next to my desk,
which I haven't had time and energy to unpack and install, but there ought
to be no problem with the current server with loads this light.

I think that I'll try installing the newest version of the gallery software.
This is, alas, not as simple as I would like, because the LUG Photo Contest
gallery uses a customized version of the software and I'll need to separate
some stuff out so that upgrading the main LUG gallery won't break the
Contest gallery.

There are days when I hate computers. This might be one of them.

Brian Reid
LUG saloon keeper

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] New photo)
Message from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] New photo)