Subject: [Leica] Any opinions on the best 35mm LTM? - my choice
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Apr 13 16:04:17 2007

Thanks to all of you who commented and who made recommendations. It's great
to get such a diversity of opinions on a narrow subject.

I decided to go with the Canon 35/1.8 LTM for three reasons: (1) it is made
by Canon (it just seemed proper to put it on a Canon 7 body), it was one of
the lenses recommended (thank you Jim Shulman), and (3) Mike Stoesz had one
that he was willing to part with.

Now I owe Mike Stoesz for 2 favors. A month after Katrina, about 5% of the
population returned but there wasn't a photography store to be found. Most
Internet stores refused to ship to New Orleans because it still had the
status of "no postal service". At the one remaining UPS center, there were
only 6 workers. Mike gathered up a large assortment of 35mm film as well as
XTOL developer, Kodak fixer, and Kodak hypo clearing agent and sent me a
care package that was truly appreciated. I was astonished to receive the
box, and it definitely picked up my spirits during a very difficult time. So
Mike, thanks again!

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com