Subject: [Leica] Santa Fe show
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Apr 14 21:54:35 2007

I just got back from a day in Santa Fe with friends.  For those planning to
attend the LHSA meeting and/or LUG dinner later this month, there's a
wonderful show of classic photojournalism at the Monroe Gallery (* http://*
www.monroegallery.com), just a few blocks from the meeting hotel (La
Posada).  It centers on the many women who were doing PJ during the middle
decades of the 20th century, including Margaret Bourke-White, Esther Bubley,
Ruth Orkin, Eve Arnold, Berenice Abbott, Lisa Larsen, and others.  It's
quite a strong show, with both vintage and non-vintage prints of some truly
iconic work.  Tina, too bad you aren't going to be there.

Also, as I have already mentioned to some offlist, I will be bringing a
friend to the LUG dinner.  Kris Mills is a working artist (sculptor) and
university art faculty member.  She also works as studio assistant to
photographer Joel-Peter Witkin.  She did most of the background painting for
the Witkin fashion shoot that appeared in the NYT Magazine last year, and
for which my daughter Juliet modeled.
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2006/11/24/magazine/20061126_STYLE_SLIDESHOW_1.html

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you there.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (Charcot) ([Leica] Santa Fe show)