Subject: [Leica] Back to Basisc (this time with the image)
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff Matsler)
Date: Sun Apr 15 10:52:50 2007

Hello Victor,

I identify with your yearnings and passions.  My first job (age 13) was
working for the local photography studio in my home town: first sweeping up,
then running the chemicals and eventually doing the enlargements and finally
after a few years, taking the photos.  I kept this job all through high
school and when I returned home for holidays would continue to shoot.  My
college "play funds" came from shooting events and working for various
photographers shooting and developing.  All of this was before automated
processes-  and the smell of stop bath is still a pleasant aroma when I get
a whiff of it.

I have played the DSLR game for about 5 years now, moving up every time a
"later, greater" model came out - and ultimately sold off every one of them,
including my D2H.  I am now back to film - and mostly RF photography.  It is
a style of shooting that resonates with what my heart tells me photography
really is.   I no longer worry about pixels and focus on the passion.
Sounds like we're in the same camp.

Your photo is wonderful.  I look forward to seeing more.

Jeff M