Subject: [Leica] Re: New Chicago People (G7 info)
From: cschweda at gmail.com (cschweda)
Date: Sun Apr 15 14:40:49 2007

re: shooting from the hip

No, I avoid the hipshots. But I've noticed that I tend to release the
shutter a split-second before I'm able to look through the finder
(which is not good) and as the camera is on the way up to my eye.

The G7 is pretty good with shutter lag -- and I think I lucked into a
G7 with a fairly good optical viewfinder. (They're notoriously "off"
I'm told. Mine is pretty much WYSIWYG.)

I shoot with the display turned off and in the "manual" mode. Manual
focus is set to six feet.

Actually, the G7 is a great little camera. It's no M8, no, but it
seems to work for me. Plus, I figure at this point in my photography
career (which is "very much an avid learner") expensive gear won't
help me much. Leica M8 or G7 or Holga or whatever else -- my shots
will always be the same. I figure I'm better off learning how to take
a picture.

Thanks again for looking.

Chris
http://www.metaincognita.com