Subject: [Leica] OT equipment: Xpan 30mm vs. PC Nikkor 28
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Apr 16 07:49:41 2007

Yes. I had an xPan with 45 and 90 for several years. I purchased the
30mm at auction from a pro camera store going out of business. And a
few months later made the decision that I simply don't see
panoramically enough to justify the kit. When I do see a panoramic
framing - I'll crop from what I have. But carry a panoramic camera -
well it just wasn't happening for me. The scanning issues were also a
problem for me. Had I not been transitioning to digital I probably
would not have sold the camera. When shooting film and printing in
the darkroom - the camera saw a bit more use.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com