Subject: [Leica] Panhandle: A one-room schoolhouse in Old Tascosa
From: bill_clough at yahoo.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Thu Apr 19 06:40:36 2007

Jeff--this was a one-room schoolhouse slightly north of the quarry that is
before the bridge over the Canadian as you head for Old Tascosa. Years
later, I went back to find it had been converted into a residence. The last
time I looked, the quarry had expanded and the house was, I believe, gone.

I have been slightly misleading, I guess, in saying it is at Old Tascosa.
I'm not sure that intersection of Boys Ranch Road (1061) and 385 has a name,
but I believe the Burlington RR calls it "Tascosa."

  I have fond, fond memories of Boys Ranch. The rodeo there is the first
place I took what could be called a picture story. I have returned many
times, and I never go there without feeling that old excitement.

   Lordy, how I wish I could have shown these photos to Buck Ramsey before
he died.

--Bill