Subject: [Leica] cs3 release
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Apr 19 09:18:24 2007

At 9:24 AM -0700 4/17/07, Brian Reid wrote:
>>anyone using it  yet?
>
>I've been using the Beta for months. I'm hooked, and I've already
>placed my pre-order for the release version.

I used it a bit yesterday, after I managed to rip out the beta (I'm
on a Mac). Getting rid of the beta was fairly difficult as the
uninstall scripts didn't work, and making all files visible and
looking around didn't provide satisfaction either. After the
installer started running and did its searching it kept telling me
that it couldn't install Photoshop CS3 because it conflicted with
Photoshop CS3. A call to Adobe tech support pointed me to some
directories and files that were obscure enough that I would never
have suspected them. After that I managed to uninstall the beta from
my G5 on my own.

Once installed, things went well. The program seems snappier on my G4
Powerbook than the beta, so I'm happy about that. I've been waiting
for the CS3 release to get a new MacBook Pro, as that is the most
demanding of the programs I use often. My other main programs are
already Mac Intel ready, so I'm set to go.

CS3 looks like a very worthwhile upgrade. I like it. There are some
plug-ins I'll miss if they aren't compatible, but I haven't gone
through that yet. It looks like I will have to convert all my PhotoCD
files to DNG's though.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design