Subject: [Leica] IMG Don's PAW week 15 on the road once again.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Apr 20 20:14:38 2007

Early last week I found out that my father had a fall in his house.  While
in the hospital he decided it was time to go into an extended care facility:
he called to tell me that we should close out his house and sell it.  Back
into airports.  This week starts here if the other links don't work for you:

*http://tinyurl.com/3ckybt

*The image I would like to put up first is the sign where I picked up some
coffee on the way to the airport.  What appealed to me was the Hot Now sign
with ice cream in the background as well as the sly take off on Krispy Kreme
with Hot Bagels Now.  Please note that it is O dark thirty but someone in a
high school LaCrosse team was getting breakfast.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+week+15/paw14a_freshhot.jpg.html>

Second was a group of high school girls watching a DVD of Disney.  Who can
understand the younger generation?

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+week+15/paw14b_disneyholdsyouratten.jpg.html

Third, I just liked the sun on this man's face as he passed the time reading
a book.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+week+15/paw14d_readungshading.jpg.html

One of my nephews is a barrista at a Whole Foods just in front of the
facility my dad is at so we stopped in to visit:

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+week+15/paw14c_Jeff.jpg.html

Last is my oldest brother in front of my Dad who was talking to my middle
brother.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW+2007/PAW+week+15/paw14e_scott.jpg.html

All in all it was a good week seeing the family and discovering the secrets
that my mom had buried in drawers.  Possibly the find with the most meaning
was a book that my grandmother had given to me in 1960: my mother had told
me many years ago that she and my grandmother had chosen this book to teach
responsibility and that even someone of very limited means could make a
difference.

--
Don
don.dory@gmail.com