Subject: [Leica] M8 battery life
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Mon Apr 23 10:03:29 2007

At 09:42 AM 4/23/2007, you wrote:
>I get 200-300 usually. Even on the third party $20 batteries, which
>are the only ones I'll buy from now on.
>
>It takes about 3 cycles to get them up to their full capacity. And I
>have never downloaded pictures directly from the camera; a good card
>reader is always more convenient. Also, one of my monitors has a
>card reader built in, so that one I never misplace. :-)
>
>--
>    *            Henning J. Wulff
>   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Henning,
         Where do you get $20 third party batteries, B&H lists a
third party battery for $79?  I get quite a few shots on my Leica
batteries, and I unlike most use the USB connection to download.  I
find it is easier for a few photos than removing the baseplate and
card.  I use dng and fine jpeg setting and the jpegs go to iphoto and
the dngs to Lightroom.  I also download to an old PC with the cable.

Thanks for the info.
Lee

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M8 battery life)
Reply from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] M8 battery life)