Subject: [Leica] Lens Cleaners
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Apr 24 22:44:06 2007

> Eight years or so back, there was a fellow on the LUG hawking a rival brand
> of lens cleaner to ROR.  Does anyone recall who this was or what the
> cleaner
> might have been?  It seems to have dropped off the market even more rapidly
> than did the Leica SLR cameras.

It's still on the market, you can buy it at many camera stores, and I've got
a bottle right here in front of me. The company founder, Joe Codispoti, is
sometimes subscribed to the LUG and sometimes is not. Just now he's not.

ClearSight is great stuff, and I've used it for years to clean lenses,
glasses, flatbed scanners, and so on. I'll never go back to ROR.

ClearSight tastes awful, though....

The manufacturer's URL is http://www.clearsightusa.com/

You can buy their products from B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?shs=clearsight&ci=0&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=product.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t