Subject: [Leica] Re: Nocti focus shift
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 24 22:59:21 2007

On 4/25/07 1:07 AM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> Larry, I'm sorry but you have now uttered blasphemy here and must be
> excommunicated from any connection with M's. ;-) You shall be
> shunned by true believers.
>

> Hoppy, Inquisitor.

Its not the LUGs mindset Hoppy its the Leica company.
They are  just not going to go there and anyone whose studied the Leica
company with any sensitivity this would be obvious too.
They're not going to AF an M.

As to the term "True Believer" used by certain individuals to describe the
LUG one assumes with light hearted jesting but I don't know....
One of my favorite books is
The True Believer:
Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements (1951) by Eric Hoffer

And I really see very little of that here. Cult like behavior. Mindlessness
of cult like sort.
What mainly goes on is quite the opposite. Dilettantism buying and selling
gear like they're trading cars. We want to sell of something we're bored
with wanting the money to buy more stuff on eBay and then we complain about
its insufficiencies. The people who defend the gear are the supposed "True
Believers. Its Baloney.
When people come on with incredible images using the gear say the Noctilux
it means nothing to the others who come on with meaningless numbers to say
thing things just plain unviable.
LOOK AT THE PICTURES.
MAKE SOME YOURSELF.
Then call the stuff unviable.
But there's no time for pictures we're too busy on EBay.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com