Subject: [Leica] Strange M8 artifact
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu Apr 26 18:01:32 2007

On 4/26/07, Eduardo Albesi <eduardoalbesi@ciudad.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> This is a known issue related to the output synchronization of the
> two halves of the sensor.
>
> You will see that the right half of the image is a little darker than
> the left one, more evident in the sky area.

Well, Ken's is a vertical and Hugh's is a horizontal.  That doesn't wash in
my mind.

Good news is that it is completely solvable in software, and it is
> said successive firmware revisions will take care of it completely.

It  is  not  just solvable in software, but  easy to do.

The shot was underexposed  because of the strong backlight.  I might add,
this kind of backlight is full of UV..  Then, when he raised the levels to
compensate the bug reared up.  Adjust the white levels and the black levels.
It goes away. Completely.

> --
Regards,

Sonny