Subject: [Leica] Gonna bite the scanner bullet...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Apr 26 19:04:29 2007

John, mine works very well for slide especially. BW requires extra attention
in my experience, due to the Nikon being very
unforgiving on grain. That computer should be fine. Finally, I don't know
about prices there, but also consider the 5000? Much
faster operation, better bit depth, although that may not be practically
visible, and takes the roll film and slide stack adaptors
if they might be important for you. They ain't cheap tho!

Cheers
Hoppy