Subject: [Leica] Flash for the M8
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Apr 27 11:32:31 2007

On 4-26-07 Leonard Taupier wrote:

> Go for a used SF20 for about half the price of the 24. Shoot in Auto
> mode. Works great. To me the Metz's are too big but work fine.

Len (or someone) please expand a little on this.  I've got an old SF20
and a very new (since yesterday) M8.

You set the flash on auto and the camera shutter speed and aperture on what?

Do you have to manually set the ISO on the flash unit?

Can you then fiddle with diminishing the flash output in (I believe on
the SF20) 1/3 stops?

Inquiring minds would appreciate help.

Thanks,

--Bob