Subject: [Leica] The press now get paid to advertise their cameras?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 29 22:23:33 2007

Gentlemen,
If you were to attend the Olympics sometime you would see more NIKON-CANON
labels stuck all over the place than you've ever seen in your lives. It's no
big deal!

Sure it's a form of advertising, why not? Certainly when these companies
provide multi multi thousands of dollars of equipment free to every
accredited photographer as loaner gear. Regardless of whatever type of gear
the requesting photographer carries during his-her everyday life. They also
provide free service for their equipment.

Then you have the equipment junkies who just like to label up their gear to
impress others.  Trust me it's no big deal whatsoever. Plus Pro. Loaner gear
is labeled in similar fashion.

ted