Subject: [Leica] OT: Peter gets published
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Apr 30 08:13:24 2007

Folks:  Just thought I'd share this.

As some of you know, classical music is one of my passions, along with
photography.  I've worked in both public radio and print media before I
became a computer geek. I was recently asked to write an article for JT
News, the bi-weekly newspaper of the Seattle Jewish community.  The
article is about an upcoming concert by Music of Remembrance, which
commissions and performs music from or about the Holocaust.

This year they're doing something different.  They commissioned a
well-known contemporary composer to write a piece about the persecution of
gay men in Nazi Germany. The work will receive its world premiere at
Benaroya Hall (Seattle's symphony hall) on Monday evening, May 7. It will
share the program with a piece written by a composer who died in a
concentration camp, a piece with both Jewish and gypsy (Roma) themes, and
a song cycle set to poems by Primo Levi, the celebrated Italian-Jewish
writer and Auschwitz survivor.

My story was published Friday.  Here's it is online:
http://www.jtnews.net/index.php?/news/item/forbidden_a_look_or_a_touch/

It's nice to be in print again.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] OT: Peter gets published)